While Thailand is an absolute delight for wanderlusts, it has also progressed as a rapidly growing economy building opportunities to job seekers and business endeavours globally. For those seeking an opportunity to consider a career in Thailand, the protocol to gain entry into the country is same as Thailand tourist visa but with certain additions in the documents to be submitted for Thailand business visa application. Here’s what you need to know while applying for Thailand visit visa for business or work purpose:
Any person who is not a citizen of Thailand applying for a job or travelling to conduct business will need to acquire a valid Thailand business visa also known as Non-Immigrant Visa Category B before arriving in Thailand. Thailand business visa is further classified as per the nature of employment or business services to be undertaken upon arrival in Thailand. There are two types of Thailand business visa:
- Single Entry Non-Immigrant Visa: This visa lets its holder stay in Thailand for work or business purpose for 90 days. This visa is suitable for those on short-term business visits, meetings, and conferences. This visa can be extended if required. The holder can also acquire a work permit and a bank account. The visa duration can be changed into a long-term visa either in or outside Thailand depending on the holder’s situation. The visa fee for single entry non-immigrant visa is approximately 2000 Thai Baht.
- One Year Non-Immigrant Visa: This type of visa is a multiple entry Thailand visit visa which is valid for one year. One each entry into Thailand, the visa holder is allowed to stay for 90 days only. If you do not intend to leave the country by the end of your 90 day’s stay, you will need to get your visa stamped again at the Thailand immigration center which renews your visa further up to 90 days. Visa fee for one-year non-immigrant visa is about 5000 Thai Baht.
Thailand Business Visa Requirements:
Any person applying for Thailand business visa should generally have the following traits:
- They represent a moral character and do not have any criminal record or history of violation in their name.
- They should not pose any health risk or security threat to the public of Thailand.
- Their intention to work and business purpose should be beneficial for Thailand.
Essential documents required for visit visa to Thailand for employment is as follows:
- A valid passport with minimum 6 months validity from the intended date of arrival in Thailand.
- Duly filled and signed visa application form with complete information as requested without any errors.
- Two passport-sized photographs of 4 x 6 cm specifications taken within 6 months from the date of applying Thailand visit visa. Photographs should be clear with no markings or damage. It should be taken in light background with the applicant’s face covering 80% of the photo area. Photographs with eyeglasses, sunglasses, coloured lenses, headgear and caps will be rejected.
- Copy of recent bank statement as proof of sufficient finance to sustain during the period of stay in Thailand – usually 20000 Thai Baht per person and 40000 Thai Baht per family.
- A copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labor and alien income tax or PorNgorDor 91 –only in the case where the applicant has been employed in Thailand on previous occasions.
- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labor
- An invitation or offer letter from the concerned firm in Thailand stating the purpose of travel.
- Copy of flight confirmation of travel to Thailand.
- Details regarding accommodation in Thailand.
- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand and any additional supporting document requested by the Royal Thai embassy or consulate.
- Visa fee.
Documents required for Thailand visit visa to conduct business:
- Basic essential documents such as passport with validity of at least 6 months from date of arrival in Thailand, duly filled and signed application form with two recent photographs taken not less than 6 months from date of travel and proof of adequate finance for duration of stay in Thailand.
- A letter stating the applicant’s position, tenure of employment, salary and purpose of visit from the applicant’s company.
- Documents indicating communication with business partners in Thailand.
- Invitation letter from trading or associated Thailand companies.
- Corporate documents of associated companies in Thailand signed by authorized personnel and seal of the company affixed.
- Any additional document as required by the Royal Thai embassy or consulate.
Points to be noted:
- All documents submitted for visa processing should be correct and free from any discrepancy. In case any document is not available, the applicant must provide the reason for unavailability of such document in a letter.
- Any person visiting Thailand for employment can work in Thailand only if he or she has a valid work permit. Even if the person holds a valid visa but does not have a work permit, he or she cannot engage in any kind of monetary occupation. Doing so is a criminal offence in Thailand and may be penalized with fines or face imprisonment.
- All documents provided with the visa application form must be in English or Thai.
- Any person seeking business opportunities in investment projects in Thailand can only apply if the nature of project brings benefit to Thailand such as projects which increase employment, export promotions, encourages utilization of local raw materials and technological upgradation in Thailand. In other words, it should not hinder the existing economy and businesses in Thailand.
- Even with a valid Thailand visit visa for work or business purpose, the visa holder cannot be guaranteed entry into Thailand as the absolute decision of whom to approve to enter into the country solely depends on the Immigration department of Thailand.
While these documentations and visa procedures may seem cumbersome, there is an easier and hassle free way to deal with your Thailand visa worries. For Thailand visas from Dubai, give us a call and let our Thai visa experts be your guide to get your Thailand business visa done smoothly and without any stress.