Brimming with colorful Buddhist temples, rich history, stunning natural beauty, pristine beaches, unparalleled culture, and incredible wildlife, Thailand has always been one of the most sought-after destinations in Southeast Asia. The “Land of Smiles”, as it is fondly referred to, caters to travelers from all age groups with its array of top-notch attractions it offers. And of course, the mouthwatering street food and friendly locals just add to the entire experience of holidaying in this gorgeous country. Tourists flock to Thailand from all over the world, but especially from Asian countries like Singapore, India, and Dubai. If you are a US citizen living in Dubai, here is all the information you need to apply for a Thai visa.
What is a Thailand visa?
A Thailand Visa is an official and valid stamp on your passport that is a must to enter the country for tourism, business, or work. It is issued by the Thai Consulate or Embassy post verification of your application along with the submitted documents.
What are The different types of Thailand tourist visas?
These are the three types of Thailand tourist visas-
- Single-entry visa: A single-entry visa is usually valid for three months, but you can enter the country only once with this visa.
- Multiple-entry visa: A multiple-entry visa is valid for six months and you can leave and re-enter the country multiple times during this period. You are allowed to stay for a maximum of 60 days per visit.
- Visa On Arrival: A Visa on Arrival is issued to citizens of specific countries for 15 days and it is a non-extendable visa.
The best part is that if you are a UAE citizen, you do not need a visa to visit Thailand as UAE features in the list of one of the visa-exempt countries. You can enter Thailand and stay for a maximum of 30 days as a tourist. There is also an option to extend your stay for another 30 days and you can visit one of the local immigration offices to get this done. This means you can in total stay up to 60 days in this beautiful country and enjoy a long and wonderful holiday.
However, there are exceptions to this condition. If you travel to Thailand via air, only then you can stay visa-free for 30 days. If you travel to the country by land from one of the neighboring nations, you can stay in Thailand visa-free for only 15 days. So, it is highly recommended that you apply for a Thailand e-visa in advance if you plan to stay beyond the specified duration.
What are The documents required for a Thailand visa from Dubai for US citizens?
Here is a list of documents needed to apply for your Thailand visa from the UAE for US citizens.
- An original passport consisting of a validity for at least six months from the date you plan to enter Thailand along with a minimum of two blank pages. You also need to submit copies of the passport’s front and back pages.
- A valid UAE residence visa with ninety days validity.
- Three passport-size photographs taken against a white background and within six months.
- Copies of round-trip flight tickets.
- Proof of hotel bookings or any other accommodation like Air BnB, serviced apartments, etc. along with contact details.
- Travel and health insurance that covers your entire stay in Thailand.
- Online bank statement with bank stamp and seal or original bank statement for the last six months.
- Last but not the least, a duly filled Thailand visa application form with all the correct information and signed by you.
Note: Please keep in mind that the Thai Consulate or Embassy may ask for additional supporting documents if required.
What is the Thailand visa application process?
Here are the steps you need to follow to apply for a Thailand tourist visa.
- Firstly, you need to choose the correct type of visa for your Thailand vacation. You can select a single-entry visa, a multiple-entry visa, or a visa on arrival.
- The second step is to collect all the important documents that you need to submit for the visa. The list of documents required will depend on the type of visa you select.
- After you have all the documents ready with you, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The last step is to pay the visa fees using a valid debit card/credit card or any other secured mode of payment.
- Once we receive your documents, our team of experts will evaluate all the documents and the completed visa application form. In case any other documents are required, we will contact you. If not, then we will submit the papers to the embassy.
- Once the Thailand visa is approved, you will receive it on your registered email ID.
Note: The Thailand visa requirements keep changing constantly so it is always better to find out the latest rules and regulations before you start the visa application process.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
- What is the duration of processing a Thailand visa?
A Thailand visa from the UAE generally takes around 5-7 working days to process.
- What are the prices of a Thailand tourist visa from the UAE for US citizens?
The price of the visa varies according to the visa type. These are the prices of a Thailand tourist visa:
- Single entry: AED 650
- Multiple entry: AED 900
- Thailand eVisa: AED 570
- Is there any minimum amount of funds that I need to maintain in my bank account to travel to Thailand?
Yes, you must have a minimum balance of THB 20,000 per person and THB 40,000 per family in your bank account.
- Is there a difference between the validity of the visa and the period of stay in Thailand?
Yes, there is a difference between the above two terms. The validity of the visa refers to the duration within which you can legally enter Thailand (For example three months for a single-entry visa, and six months for a multiple entry visa). Whereas the period of stay is the number of days you can stay in Thailand within those three or six months. The maximum number of days of stay allowed is usually 60 days. If you wish to stay for a greater number of days, you must apply for a visa extension.
Whether you are on a solo trip, a honeymoon, or a family holiday, Thailand is one of the most marvelous destinations for the perfect vacation. So, apply for the visa, pack your bags, and embark on an exciting and fulfilling holiday.