Are you planning your first time trip to Koh Samui? From buzziest Chaweng Beach to exquisite spas to relax, from majestic Na Muang Waterfall to the fun night at Fisherman’s Village Walking Street, there is nothing that can stop you from having a blast.
The second largest island in Thailand, Koh Samui is a remarkable place to visit that can question your idea of what’s wonderful in life. Dive, dance and drink can well describe the vibe of here. Lying in the Gulf of Thailand off Kra Isthmus’ east coast, the island will drive you crazy with its fascinating options.
What to do in Koh Samui?
Feeling the holiday vibes? Go beach hopping! Feeling adventurous? Go chase some waterfalls! Feeling tired? You have the best spas. Feeling romantic? Dine on the sunset cruise.
Koh Samui has no dearth of options for whatever you want to do. And thus, you can’t go wrong!
For knowing the best things to do in Koh Samui, here is a breakdown of categories-
View this post on Instagram
Things to do in Koh Samui for couples
Have fun at Angthong National Marine Park
Distanced 28 kilometres from Samui, this is a pristine archipelago which covers 42 islands in the Gulf of Island. It is alluring to find these chain of small, uninhabited and gorgeous islands that are open to being explored. There is a wide array of things to do starting from snorkelling, kayaking, diving and hiking to camping and staying in the Park itself. The undisturbed forest contains magnificent species of animals as langurs, Hairy-nosed otters, bats, Pacific reef-egret, Brahminy kite, White-bellied sea eagle, Common Sandpiper.
Relax on the beaches
The beaches in Koh Samui are surreal- they are just like the ones you see in the films, or you have ever dreamt of visiting and desire to dive in. They have fine white sand, crystal clear water, angled by white limestone mountains, and hemmed by nodding coconut trees. Chaweng is busiest, Lamai is great for sunbathing, Bophut is for all kinds of budget and Maenam is peaceful.
Relish sunset cruising
Want to pop the question or planning your first anniversary? Go sailing in the sunset. In the rustic sailing vessel, set up a romantic evening date, dine on a delicious traditional Thai buffet and admire the tropical charm of the northern island.
Some tempting options include-
- Sunset Dinner Cruise on a Traditional Junk Ship over the Andaman Sea
- Red Baron Junk Sail
Lounge in world recognised spas
Give your weary self the right amount of inner peace and relaxation by the professional spa therapist. Either settle in a resort overlooking the beach or book a famous spa and let the luxurious day begin. A floral foot bath, an aromatherapy oil massage, smoothening of skin, an invigorating herbal steam bath and different ways are brought into action that eases the muscles and releases the tension.
Have a dinner date by the beach
Koh Samui is awe-inspiring. And it’s nothing less than the Maldives when it comes to keeping the couple happy. With several picturesque locations, you can stage your dinner exclusively decorated by experts. And since the highlight of the eve is the gastronomical delight, the skilled chef prepares the best of cuisines from all over the world and shares it with you.
Here are some of the many romantic dinner ideas-
- 7-course dinner on the beach at Chaweng Regent Hotel
- Discover culinary wonders at OZO Chaweng
- 4-course dining at Amari Koh Samui
These remain common centres of tourism, but if you are a couple or solo traveller and seeks adventurous quotient, here are some quite interesting places in Koh Samui to quench your thirst-
- Snorkelling and scuba diving: In the clear water, fresh coral reefs you can experience diving like nowhere else. It is the extent of tranquillity as you glide in the warm waters of the Gulf of Thailand and meet the exotic marine life.
- Kitesurfing: Have you ever ran on water? Well, this is a kind of it. It’s the coolest sport, which is won-powered and uses kite and board to propel or surf on the flat and shallow water.
- Kayaking: Among the most popular sports on the island is Kayaking. Sit on a canoe and glide it in the direction you want and watch the untouched beauty of the place.
- Flyboard: Other than the usual water sports that you have already heard of, try your legs on this. You are strapped into and stood on board, which rises above when the water is forced into jet nozzle boots underneath the board.
- Cycle tour: When you want to get above water and travel on road, cherish the views on a cycle tour.
- 4WD Safari Tour: You can cover the landmarks of the island on jeep safaris.
Free things to do in Koh Samui
There are travellers who keep a count on what money flows our from their pocket and are restricted to their budget. Well, travellers on a budget are going to love this part, here are the Freebies!
- The elegant, famous and impressive Samui Big Buddha is a 12-metre statue that sits on a small rocky island off Koh Samui’s north-eastern corner. And yes, it has free entry.
- The secret beaches like Samrong, Thong Krut, Laem Yai, Ban Tai are open at no cost, except the motorbike rental.
- Visit the temple based Chinese Buddhism custom, Was Plai Laem.
- Unravel the story of Bophut’s fisherman’s village which has opulent mansions, great restaurants and different entertainment zones.
- The Na Muang Waterfall invites you for free swimming and fresh picnic morning.
- Located high in the hills in Koh Samui’s interior is the Secret Buddha Garden that exhibits a surprising collection of statues, surrounded by lush jungle.
- Thailand keeps surprising you and the quirkiest is the Hin Ta(Grandpa) and Hin Yai(Grandma) rocks which looks like the male and female genitalia.
What to do in Koh Samui at Night?
Well, the day’s activities are thrilling and it’s equally exciting in the night. Here is a little brief of the nightly rituals in Koh Samui-
- Join the happening crowd at Ark Bar, Legends Bar, Bar Solo and Woo Bar that plays latest live mixes, fire shows and dances.
- Keep it classic with a night out in Soi Green Mango.
- Shop till you drop at the versatile Chaweng Night Market.
- Make it filmy with relaxing on the beachside bar in Coco Tams.
- Enjoy the sparkling evening at the Ladyboys Cabaret Show.
All about shopping in Koh Samui
Not to underestimate the idea of shopping on this island. Whether you want a triangular cushion or wooden elephant, jewellery or sportswear, sneakers or cameras, food or drink- you get it all here. Plus, it never hurts to bargain.
Drop off at the unique, open-air shopping centre, the Central Festival, stands as the 7-storey building, holding 200 outlets and boutiques along with fancy restaurants, along the beach. There is a long display of street markets, among which the popular ones are- Chaweng Beach Road shopping, Fisherman’s Village Walking street, Maenam Walking Street and Lamai Night Plaza.
Things to do in Koh Samui when it rains
We all know it’s a tropical island, but what when it rains out of the course? These random things can get your tour enthusiasm back to track-
- Thai cuisine is filled with flavours and to know it deeper you can learn in the Thai Cooking Class.
- Indulge in a relishing spa.
- Learn the basics of the skilful fruit carving.
- Do bowling and watch a movie at Tesco Lotus.
- Get your kids to play at Fairways Samui.
Koh Samui is a lovely holiday destination irrespective of what you crave on the vacation. It is interesting to wander here for both lazy beach days or pumped up go-karting scenes. For more detailed information and to book Thailand Visa from Dubai or other nation, contact us online today.