Thailand, the Land of Smiles, is a true paradise. Home to more than 1000 splendid islands, Thailand has a lot to offer to tourists. Right from breathtaking landscapes to a unique culture, there is lot to explore in Thailand. This is the reason why many Indians prefer to visit Thailand for their international holiday. This Southeast Asian country is a favorite amongst singles, honeymooning couples, and even families. If you have been dreaming about a Thailand holiday, here is a step-by-step guide that will you help in applying for a Thailand visa.
Thailand Visa on Arrival for Indians
India is one of the 21 countries that is eligible for visa on arrival in Thailand. In other words, Indians do not have to apply for a Thailand visa before flying to the country. With this visa, you can stay in Thailand for 15 days, which is perfect for a short holiday. Although you do not have to visit the Thailand embassy to get a visa on arrival, you need to have certain important documents when you land in the country:
- Your Indian passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of departure from Thailand. There should be at least 2 blank pages for entry and exit stamps.
- A visa application form fully completed and duly signed
- Confirmed return flight ticket dated within 15 days of arrival
- Confirmed hotel booking or letter from host (relative or friend) inviting you to stay in their house in Thailand
- 1 recent colored photograph
- Minimum 20,000 TBH in cash (per person), as proof that you would be able to manage your expenses during your stay in the country
- Visa on arrival fee
You have to submit these documents at the Thailand airport you arrive at. If all the papers are in order, you would get a 15 days’ visa stamp on your passport.
Thailand Tourist Visa for Indians
If you want to stay in Thailand for more than 15 days, you need to apply for a Thailand tourist visa. With a tourist visa, you would be able to stay in Thailand for at least 60 days or 2 months. You need to apply for the visa through a Thailand visa application center in your city. Here are the steps you need to follow while applying for a visa to visit Thailand.
Download the Visa Application Form: The first thing to do is download the Thailand visa application form from the official website. You need to fill the application form completely. Ensure that there are no mistakes, neither spelling or factual, on the form. Even a small error can lead to rejection of your visa application. Before you fill the form, choose the right visa type amongst tourist, transit, and non-immigrant visas.
Documents to be Submitted: Along with the application form, you need to submit certain important documents.
- Original passport with 6 months’ validity from the date of returning from Thailand. The passport should have minimum 2 blank pages.
- 3 passport size photographs (35×45 mm). The photos should be coloured with a white background. They should have a matte finish. Ensure that 80% of your face is seen in the photo. You also have to make sure that your teeth are not visible. If you wear glasses, go for transparent or white lenses.
- Cover letter written by the main applicant or the person who would pay for all the travel expenses
- Latest personal bank statements (of at least last 3 months) with a stamp from the bank. There should be a balance of at least INR 40,000, per person in the account.
- Business persons need to submit a cover letter mentioning the post and length of service. The cover letter should be written in the business letterhead.
- Confirmed return tickets and hotel bookings
- To submit the visa application form and the documents, you need to visit the Thailand Visa Application Centre near you.
- Upon entry you would be provided with a token.
- When your token number is announced, you need to approach the counter and submit your documents.
- Once this is done, you have to visit the cashier counter and pay the visa fee. You would be provided with a receipt for the same.
It usually takes 3 business days for Thailand visa approval. To collect your passport, you need to visit the Thailand Visa Application Centre with the payment receipt. You would again be provided with a token number. When the number is announced, you can approach the counter, where your passport would be handed back to you.
The process of applying for a Thailand visa for Indians is quite straightforward. However, if you feel confused, it would be best to approach a visa agent or company who would give you the right advice about applying for a Thailand visa.